Finance House plc was incorporated and licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority in January 2013 as a lending institution offering car loan financing to a diverse portfolio of clients. Finance House is also a member of the Malta Clearing House and holds an interest in AB Finance plc.
Finance House continues to evolve through its online platform that provides a wider range of financing solutions including car, motor bike and boat loans. Finance House stands by its service promise by offering flexibility, efficiency, and convenience.
Today Finance House is looking ahead with a refocused vision that aims to see it growing further in the financial services sector.
To further strengthen its executive team, Finance House is currently looking for a seasoned Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to provide both operational and strategic finance leadership, whilst being a steward for control and a catalyst to achieve the financial goals of the organisation. The CFO reports to the Chief Executive Officer and to the Board of Directors as a member of the Executive Committee. He/she will be responsible for all the financial matters of Finance House and responsible for the Finance Department and all the members of staff entrusted with him/her for management purposes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a business partner to the CEO to guide and build value in the company.
- Provides support to the Board of Directors and shareholders as needed.
- Develops and advises on business development and strategic planning including the active involvement in the development and implementation of the Company’s business plan.
- Plans, develops, organises, implements directs and evaluates the Company’s fiscal functions from every relevant perspective.
- Manages treasury, finance, accounting and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard the corporate assets.
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and correct financial reporting.
- Coordinates the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensures the reconciliation processes of all divisions of the Company are carried out and documented as necessary.
- Coordinates the preparation of management accounts, financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports.
- Serves on planning and policy-making committees.
- Provides timely, accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports to assist the CEO and other executives with their responsibilities.
- Oversees completion of timely annual audited financial statements.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and reports on variances.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company (i.e., growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programmes/ strategies and regulatory interactions.
- Develops reliable global cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the Company.
- Optimises the management of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance the Company’s cash position on a broad overall basis and manages cash flow investment risk and yields.
- Continually improves the timeliness and accuracy of the Company’s cash flow and management of the payables process and month end, quarterly and year end closings.
- Oversees risk and Corporate insurance requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, VAT, and employment taxes.
- Coordinates with appropriate legal counsel relating to financial and corporate governance compliance and risk assessment matters.
- Solid experience in a senior finance management role, ideally within the Financial Services sector.
- You will possess an accountancy qualification.
- Must be a holder of a CPA warrant.
- Strong management skills with a proven track record to manage teams.